Journey time approx. 1hr 20min. Click here for a downloadable PDF file of these instructions
- From the rental car park, follow signs to Toulouse and the A61 in order to exit the airport.
- Once you are out of the airport you will see signs to Montpellier / Tarbes / Lourdes. Keep following the signs to Montpellier.
- After a few miles the road forks. Follow the BLUE signs to Carcassonne / Montpellier NOT Green signs. The BLUE signs denote a toll road (peage) This is the A61 motorway(also know as the E80) . Before you join this road there are toll booths where you collect a ticket (pay on exiting the road later).
- You will notice small signs on the right counting distances. Stay on this road until you see distance marker 317 (after approximately 45 minutes driving time)
- Immediately after you see the 317 distance marker you will see a sign for EXIT No.23 in 2000m. This is also called Carcassonne Ouest (West) / Mazamet. Take this exit.
- You leave the motorway via the toll booth. Insert the ticket and you will be asked to pay approx 7 euros – they accept notes / coins and cards.
- On exiting the toll follow signs to Mazamet.You will soon go through a series of roundabouts and each time follow the Mazamet signs.
- Round about 1 – take the 3rd exit to Mazamet Follow signs for Mazamet NOT Foix / Carcassonne.
- Roundabout 2 – (here you will notice a shop called Fenetre Tryba on your right) take 2nd exit to Mazamet. Continue on this road and you will soon see a Toyota garage on your right, and then the next roundabout…
- Roundabout 3 – go straight over, 2nd Exit toward Mazamet. You will soon pass a large building on your left with a red neon sign saying Cap Cinema.
- Roundabout 4 – take 3rd exit to Mazamet
- Roundabout 5 – take 2nd exit towards Mazamet after about 500m there is the 6th Roundabout.
- Roundabout 6 – take 1st Exit to CAUNES Mvois. DO NOT FOLLOW THE SIGN TO MAZAMET which is the 3rd exit.
- Caunes is 16k from this point. Continue along this road – at each junction continue in the road you are on, and follow the signs to Caunes Mvois. On the way you will pass through the towns of Villalier and Villegly.
- After approx 13k you will notice a roadside building on your left with a sign saying Discothèque Tuiliere. Approximately 800m after this building Caunes Mionervois is signposted as a left turn. At this junction take left to Caunes Mvois.
- After you enter the village you start going down a hill. The main road (avenue du Minervois) continues round to the left, over a bridge and immediately after this the La Grande Fontaine Bar is on your right.
- Please refer to the detailed street map of Caunes to locate Maison du Midi and Maison St Gérome.
Looking to hire a car from Toulouse Airport for your holiday? We would recommend using Car Hire Search, the car rental comparison website to find a good deal: